She's Gone Junkin'

Friday, March 2, 2012


Oh me, oh my.
I have been a junkin' lately.
I am on a serious junkin'/thriftin'/antiquin' kick and I have found some good stuff the last week or two.
So, let's do a little Friday show-and-tell, k?






I am so in love with this book.
It's a big Golden Book from 1951.
The illustrations are to die for and the book was only 25 cents.
LOVE it so much.




I found these hangers last week....ready for this?
15 cents each. I bought them all.
Who made these?
Who put all of that work into pretty-ing up hangers?



Linens. I always go straight for the linens.
Dish towels, napkins, fabric, crocheted runners, doilies and table cloths.
One can never have too many of these.

This sign was just on a door next-door to one of the thrift stores we visited.
Love it....and I kinda wanted to steal it. But I didn't.








$3 globe.
Another thing I can not have too many of--well, maybe I could I don't have room for many more.
Love the colors and umm...$3? I could not leave it there!




Little picture for 10 cents, I am going to paint this frame white.
And last but not least, tons of ribbon, seam binding and lace for 50 whole cents!
Love me a good bargain and now this is all getting me SUPER excited for rummage sale season.




*************************
{A little Insta-Friday}



Ooops, the happy cloud appears twice. Oh well : )


This weekend we will be celebrating the life of Eric's grandpa, who passed away earlier this week.
He was 96. Eric's grandparents would have been married for 71 years next month.
And you know what? A grandparent is a grandparent and it's never easy to lose one,
no matter how old they are or aren't.
There are lots of questions from the kids and I think it may just be a bit of a difficult and sad
but bittersweet weekend.

Happy Friday!

life rearranged




11 comments:

  1. Love all your good finds. So fun. I hope things go okay this weekend. It is tough to loose a loved one. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Cuteness!!! You totally rocked the junkin'/thriftin'/antiquin' world this week!!! I'm in LOVE with every little thing you found!! Especially that darling book, the linens and the globe! I'm always lookin' for vintage linens and globes too! :) Oh and that "whistle" sign.. to die for! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my do we ever love the same things! I'm a globe junkie too and linens? I have way too many that I need to do something with! Love all your treasures!

    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You are right, no matter the age it is always sad to say goodbye. I hope your weekend is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got some super awesome deals, girlie!
    looks like you had a blast!
    i head straight for the linens, too. :)

    so sorry to hear about your loss.
    you're right. it's never easy.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about the grandpa. That is so tough. Because really grandparents are just that. GRAND- Parents :)

    I LOVE your thrifting finds. If I wasn't in Arkansas I would beg to come along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss, Amy. It is hard no matter what. So you have my condolences.

    My great grams turned 99 on the 28th and I know one day she will pass away, but it will not be easy.

    On another note... Your week looks love lit. And I love all your little finds. I think white paint for that little picture will be perfect.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really know exactly where you live, but I would love to find good 'finds' like this around here in Ohio! lol. Love the linens...and the hangers remind me of my Grandmother, God rest her soul. She had tons of those things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT photos! I am a thrifter too, but especially for clothes! I love retro things too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny I was just talking about those kind of hangers with my step mom a couple weeks ago. My Grandma taught me how to make them when I was a kid. I think I need to try and see if I remember how :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I am on the same kick, but barely buying! Maybe the antique stores here are too pricey! Globes are like $20-$30 bucks! I did buy a sweet prayer book and some vintage postcards and a floral frog and a little plaque. But I wanna shop where you shop! Even though I don't need another globe either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will make you giggle!!

    http://www.320sycamoreblog.com/2011/08/politically-correct-golden-book.html

    Fun Finds!!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.