Distractions :: Pumpkin Patch

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I've got a problem.
Whenever I have a LOT going on, like this week, I always find a way to add more craziness to the mix
to either distract myself or to keep myself in denial about all the things I should be doing.
I'm pretty sure it's denial.

There are countless school things going on this week; a class field trip today, birthday treats to bake for Charlotte's class
on Friday, the kindergarten play on Friday and Lego Club tonight at school.
We are also having the kid's Birthday Party here at the house Friday night and I have not even started to get ready for it...
or shop for it...or clean for it.
So, Wednesday after school, just to throw off the whole after school/supper/homework/bath routine I
thought it would be a good time to take a trip to the Pumpkin Patch.
See what I mean?


Oh, but it was so worth it.
Seriously, I think I love going to the pumpkin patch just as much, if not more, than the kids do.
We had the place nearly to ourselves since it was after school and not the weekend when everyone else
is there. {Yuck}
It really was the perfect distraction though-- and plus, we needed pumpkins anyway : )



Sigh.
Now I'm thinking I want to move to the country and grow pumpkins.
I like to fantasize about the romantic side of farming, not the real side, so don't burst my bubble here.

Okay so I really do have about a million things I really should be doing instead of editing pictures so I will have to finish
these up later.
Come back tomorrow and I will show you the polka dot shirt I made Charlotte and the mini pumpkin pies I made last night...
because what do you do when you have a to-do list a mile long?
You bake little pumpkin pies, of course.
Happy, happy Thursday.




4 comments:

  1. Amy- you struck a cord with me here!
    I have Stella's party on Sunday,a Tastefully Simple party on Thursday and Emma's party on Saturday.Oh and a field trip with Caleb tomorrow! My house is a mess yet I just keep finding something else to do!!


    I'm going to hate myself in a few days.I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I totally get this! I do the same exact thing. Every single time!

    We went to the pumpkin patch Tuesday evening and LOVED how empty it was! We decided we're never, ever going on a weekend again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothin like an empty pumpkin patch in the late afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pies looked amazing!
    and your pics are swoony. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.