Virtual Coffee :: Hello, October

Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Hey there.
I'm just popping in a little late for a cup of coffee...
There was just not time this morning.
This whole "working woman" thing just doesn't leave me a lot of  extra time, ya know?
It's actually funny/interesting because on the one hand there isn't as much free time lately as I am used to, but on the other hand I think
being busier will  force me  to become more organized and prioritize my time a little better.
Does that make sense?
I'm more productive when I am busier and less productive when I have too much free time?
It's kinda dumb... but totally true for me.



I spent the day at TapRoot today while the kids were at school.
I have been spending quite a bit of time at the restaurant lately until my "real job" starts later this month.
I need to write a whole big old post explaining my new job,  along with what I have been doing at the restaurant... it's just not super exciting...
and to tell you the truth, I'm still not 100% sure what my "real job" will consist of.
It's a little stressful,  but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that things are going to end up working out just fine there.
In the mean time though, I have been working on the windows at the restaurant and making lots and lots of paper pinwheels this week.
It's fun to get to do this stuff now before they open, also I just like to be able to do something creative and help out while I can.




I'm sitting here, over my late afternoon coffee, just thinking about how I can't believe today is the first day of October.
I know I say it every month, but this month especially for me because it means that both of my kids will turn ONE YEAR OLDER this month.
Sigh.
I love October though, I really do, it is my favorite month of the year!
Wyatt turns 9 in two days and then just ten days later, Charlotte will turn 7.
Wow.
Nine is just feeling so old to me, so BIG KID like... and I don't love it, but it's here.


Besides Birthdays, I love October for all of the other things that it brings.
I am so ready for Fall and we are being eased into it very  s  l  o  w  l  y   here in Illinois.
I was daydreaming in bed this morning about the cooler weather(just not too cool, yet!) and all that I am looking forward to
doing/making/planning this month.


Above is just a little bit of the past few days...

: Working at the restaurant, swinging at the playground, making paper pinwheels
: Candles and books on the porch at night, Mastering the monkey bars, Walks
: Me, cupcakes delivered to the restaurant, pretty morning light


I'm really looking forward to a trip to the Pumpkin Patch(but not just yet) and bringing all of our Fall and Halloween decorations
down from the attic this week.
The next few weeks promise to be very, very busy... I don't do super-busy really well but maybe with
a little more planning and a lot more organization I will make it.

Hooray for Fall!

Hope you had a great first day of October... what are you looking most forward to this month?
Do you love Fall like me, or what is your favorite Season/time of year??





1 comment:

  1. I get exactly what you mean about getting more done when you are busy rather than when you have a lot of free time on your hands.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.